The microscopy strand of AMCASH aims to provide a unique set of characterisation facilities including optical microscopes, atomic force microscopes, advanced electron microscopes and also mechanical performance evaluation facilities ranging from nano, micro to macro scales. The technical support covers metals, alloys, ceramics and composites, ranging from modern nanotechnology devices to traditional metallurgical engineering components.
Below is a list of typical industrial applications for Microscopy:
- Fracture analysis
- High resolution characterisation of alloy joints and welds
- High resolution chemical analysis of advanced structural components
- Particle size and chemical composition analysis
- Surface engineering and analysis
- Characterisation of nano structures
- Imaging and chemical analysis of nano particles
- Fault detection and failure analysis
- Assembly inspection of complex mechanisms
- Dimensional measurement of internal components
- Digital archiving of models
Other areas of support include: Polymer Technology and Computational Modelling
We are able to offer a minimum of two days work for qualifying SMEs. AMCASH offers a wide range of support including:
- Access to R&D facilities
- Analytical services
- Collaborative projects
Am I eligible for support?
If you are an SME based in one of the four LEP areas with less than 250 employees and less than €50m turnover then you could be eligible for support.